Playing Out Syndication: Student Radio Chart
In this post, we’ll explain how to syndicate a show (such as the Student Radio Chart Show)
You will need:
- The raw streaming URL for the server in question. It might look like one of these, but could be anything
- Access to the main studio
This implies the show starts at 2PM. Adjust accordingly.
- Open VLC from the start menu
- Go to File, Open Network.
- Enter the streaming URL from above
- Press “Play”
- Pre-fade listen OB1 on the mixing desk to see if there is signal. If not, check Stereo Tool is running. Open its window, and see if there are any green signal bars showing up on the monitor.
- If there is signal, use the green knob on the mixer to adjust the volume. It should peak at around 5, and never exceed six.
- On Myriad, set the current (1PM) hour to Auto Fade, so that it finishes exactly on the top of the hour (i.e. at 14:00:00), instead of early or late.
- On Myriad, empty the log hour (2PM) completely, except for the green Top Of Show. Empty any following hours (3PM) completely, including the green Top Of Show.
- Make all hour(s) (2-3PM) Live Assist.
- After this log item, add the “SRA Chart Show” purple marker. (It will show up green in the log, this is normal!) This is on the second page of the Audio Wall sweepers page.
- Set this to a stop.
- Once you reach the SRA Chart Show, and the stop, turn on and fade up OB1.
At the end of the show, fade down OB1 and hit “Go”, like you would finishing any other link.